Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Top 20 Favorite Baby Items

Let's face it. You know that feeling of being a first time mom. That overwhelming feeling of creating your baby registry. The options are endless..and let's just say I went overboard to try way more than I needed. I truly wish you could try things out before buying to see what works best. Here's my top 10 list of baby items that we love in our house...

1. Aden and Anais Muslin Blankets
What CAN'T they be used for?! These are seriously the only blankets that we use because they can be used so many ways..PLUS they are light-weight, breathable, nice-sized, cute & classic prints, and the more you wash them, the softer they get! We use them for basically everything.. swaddling, a nursing cover, stroller/car seat cover, a burp cloth, and more! These are a MUST have! Made of muslin, I prefer these because they are breathable, so I don't have to worry about my little man using them at night time. They are super large so they are perfect for swaddling, yet are great for avoiding overheating. This company even has sleep sacks, burp cloths, wash cloths, changing pad covers, and security blankets. 

2. Halo Swaddles
These things rock! We tried all kinds of swaddles and these worked the best for us by far. They allow the perfect amount of security, but allow for their legs to move freely resulting in safe swaddling and prevention of hip dysplasia. The plus side to these is that once it's unsafe for swaddling, the "wings" can be wrapped and used as a sleep sack. 
    

3. Puj Flyte
LOVE LOVE LOVE this thing! It makes bath time a cinch! What I love most about this is that it simply sits in a sink and VOILA! No bending over a bath tub or filling up a mini-plastic baby tub. The preparation and clean-up is so easy because this portable tub folds up and can hang dry on the back of your door. It's sleek design fits in most sinks and     provides a snug, comfy bath for your little one. 

4. City Select Stroller by Baby Jogger
We love this thing! You can purchase it as a single or double and there is also a bassinet available. We decided on the double up front, but you have the option to wait and purchase the double seat at a later time. There are SIXTEEN seating options!! SIXTEEN! The seats easily pop up by pushing two buttons for easily configuring the perfect set-up. You can even buy a car seat adapter and your chosen car seat brand just pops right on. There is a huge under-carriage for storage and the canopy folds down to block out the elements nicely. The seats have the ability to incline and can lay down for a "bassinet-look". Perfect for if your little one decides to nap! You are sure to get compliments with this stroller!


5. Mamaroo by 4 moms
The motherload of all swings.. I was a little skeptical about this one. I've heard that babies either love it or hate it. Declan LOVES his. He goes from giggling and cooing to falling soundly asleep in this sucker. Imitating natural movements, this high-tech swing/bouncer features several different movements, speeds, and the ability to play sounds or tunes from you iPhone or iPod. Declan really likes "car ride" and "kangaroo". The design is chic and so easy to move from room to room!

6. Burts Bees Baby Skincare Line
These products are great! The lavender shampoo and wash smells absolutely wonderful and paired with the lotion..OH MY! Sometimes, I am tempted to use this stuff on myself:) Babies R Us often has BOGO 50% off their skincare line, so keep an eye out for a deal! The multi-purpose ointment is petroleum-free and contains coconut oil (one of my favorite things EVER!). We use it for lots of things.. diaper rashes, dry skin, and cradle cap prevention. 

7. Kiinde Breastfeeding System
I don't think this system could make breastfeeding easier if there is a need to pump! Complete with a pump adapter, simply pump right into their 6 or 8 oz pouches, label with the date, screw on the lid and store accordingly, whether in the fridge or freezer. When it's time to feed your little guy or gal, simply warm up the pouch with Kiinde's Kozi warmer, desgned specifically for breast milk. This warmer heats the milk without breaking down important nutrients and uses a special flowing water technology which is quick and effective. After heating, the slip the pouch right into their bottles, snap the nipple on, and bon appetit! The nipples are designed to reduce nipple confusion and are the only portion you will need to clean, thus limiting the amount of dirty dishes you encounter! Toss the storage pouch and just reuse the bottle. Perfect for a busy family! We just purchased their new Foodii System and I am so excited to try it out! Once again, this product is frequently on sale at Babies R Us!

8. Bamboobies Nursing Pads
Let's face it. Those first few weeks of breastfeeding require a TON of patience and the last thing you want to deal with is "soaked-shirt syndrome". Did it ever happen to me? Yes, but then I found Bamboobies. I first tried them out as a free sample, fell in love, and instantly went and bought a few sets. My favorite..the overnight pads. The bamboo is comfy, soft, and provides maximum leak protection. Along with their pads, they also have "Bamboob-ease" Soothing Therapy Pillows that can be heated up or frozen. One word. Lifesaver. The pads and pillows are a little pricey, but after using multiple brands, I will never go back and these are totally worth it! Plus, you can use a 20% off coupon from Babies R Us for a sweet deal!



9. Car Seat Sidekicks
GENIUS! Why did I not discover these sooner?!?! Oh my goodness. Is it just me, or is it a battle with the straps trying to get your little on in or out of the car seat? Declan just ended up getting ticked upon my reaching down under him to get the "lost" straps under his little bottom. The Sidekicks are extremely easy to use and make getting your baby in and out a breeze. You are technically adding a product to the car seat, which technically can void the warranty if in a wreck, however you can simply remove the Velcro portion on the harness in a matter of seconds if that is a concern. Do you absolutely NEED these? No. But they do add so much convenience.


10. Sophie the Giraffe Teether
Some call her an "expensive dog toy". I do have to admit...My Chihuahuas instantly perk up when they hear her high-pitched squeaker go off. I don't know what it is about her, but Declan instantly brightens up with just the sight of her. Maybe it is her attention-grabbing and contrasting spots, her various textures, or her ability to be gripped so easily, but he is just mesmerized by her. This is a developmentally appropriate teether/toy for infants and toddlers. She seems so simple, but babies seem to adore her! Plus, she is made of 100% natural rubber and food paint so you can be confident that your baby is not chewing on anything made with yucky or harmful chemicals. 


11. Fisher-Price Rock n' Play
One of my best friends purchased this for us for my baby shower and it was a total lifesaver! It is comfy, breathable, portable, and provides a slight incline for sleepy babies. Declan is now in his big boy bed but this was positioned right next to my bed and he slept like a rock in this thing! It has a vibrate option which was quick to calm him down when fussy. Because it is so light-weight and portable, it is a PERFECT candidate for a trip away from home!


12. Mombo Nursing Pillow and Infant Positioner
This thing is used about 20 times a day, whether to nurse, relax, or aid in tummy time. I went back and forth on all the different brands and options of nursing pillows and decided on the Mombo because I loved how it has a firm side and soft side, as well as an option to include subtle vibration. And the prints are oh so CUTE! The slipcover easily zips right off, washes, and zips back on for ease of use and cleaning.
      

13. Angelcare Movement and Sound Monitor
When Jordan insisted Declan move to his nursery a part of me melted inside, but I knew it was time and he was ready..BUT I would only do it under one condition; We buy a monitor that detects movement/breathing. This monitor does just that! There is an option for a camera, but we opted out of that. I just want to know he is breathing. I first heard about this monitor from our neighbor who raved about it, so I checked it out and after reading many reviews we decided to purchase it and it has been worth every penny! The sensor pad slips right underneath the crib mattress and the sensitivity can be adjusted. If there is no movement sensed after 20 seconds, you will be alerted and an alarm will go off to "startle" and awake your baby. SIDS is a scary thing and although I can't say this will totally, 100% prevent it, but it gives me a sense of sanity. Another thing I love is that the sound ONLY kicks in when sound is detected in the room. Once again, you can customize the amount of sound in the room needed in order to relay back to the parent monitor. The sound monitor which is in the baby's room also has a nightlight which outs off the perfect amount of ambiance. SO thrilled with this purchase! Check out their site here to learn more about their products!


14. Zipadee Zip Sack (Zippy Sack)
Many parents dread the day they can no longer swaddle. They fear sleepless nights. I wanted to be prepared for this because to be completely honest, Declan does NOT do well unswaddled. I ran across The Zippy Sack on Facebook and read stellar reviews on it. I was EXTREMELY skeptical about it. I mean, come on, what is a wearable blanket in the shape of a starfish REALLY going to do?! Let's just say this thing is magical. He sleeps like a dream in this adorably printed and cozy sleeper which allows him more freedom than being swaddled, but just the right amount of security. What I absolutely love about this product is that it was created by a mom like you and me..She had an ingenious spark to create something to help her little one transition out of the swaddle and created the first Zippy with her own sewing machine. So cool! The Zipadee Zip sack currently comes in various sizes, materials, and super cute prints. CHEVRON is coming and I am so excited to buy another! 
      

15. Weleda Calendula Diaper Rash Cream
Yes, I am that nutzo mom who is extremely picky about what I use on my baby. I'll blame it on the first time mom thing;) Upon getting a horrid rash, a friend guided me to this all natural and organic cream. It cleared up the rash so quickly and I love it's consistency and how it goes on. This product is sold at Whole Foods in the baby section or you can order it on Amazon.


17. Sassy Crib and Floor Mirror
Declan loves looking at himself..And I don't blame him. He's just too darn cute! We use this all over the place; to encourage tummy time, in his crib, in the car, and even at restaurants to keep him engaged and entertained. 


18. Tommee Tippie Closer to Nature Milk Feeding Bibs
The rolls...SO adorable but at the same time a complete nightmare combined with milk, spit-up, drool, and the list goes on. These bibs have fantastic absorbency and they protect that precious baby neck from the "outside elements" frequently encountered on a daily basis. Babies R Us often has these for BOGO or BOGO 50% off, so keep an eye out! 

19. The Patacake Baby Wet Bag
Perfect for dirty diapers, wet onesies, soiled burp cloths..Anything that you don't want to touch other items in your diaper bag. This bag is handmade by a shop on Etsy and it is excellent in quality, plus there are TONS of cute prints to choose from!
      

20. Infantino Grow-With-Me Activity Gym and Ball Pit 
Do I even need to explain why we love this thing so much?! Look at it! Tons of stimulating colors and sounds! It's in the shape of a TURTLE. A BALL PIT?! I am waiting for the day I catch Jordan playing in this thing;) Declan coos up a storm in this thing and it is so easy to take with you anywhere.  I even took it to the hair salon, just in case I needed it to appease him for a little while. My stylist probably thought I was a nutcase (love you Tony), but you gotta do what you gotta do;) Paired with a 20% off coupon at Babies R Us, this could make for a sweet deal! 

So there you have it..My little two cents on baby products that we adore. Are these all things you have to have? Nope, not at all, but they sure are awesome and so nice to have! With all the millions of options out there, I hope this helps! 

Happy Tuesday!
Amber





    





No comments:

Post a Comment